Welcome to Sialoglyco 2020
THE SIALOGLYCO 2020 WILL TAKE PLACE SEPT 27TH – 30TH, 2020 AT THE GIFU NAGARAGAWA CONVENTION CENTER.
The biennial Sialoglyco meeting provides a venue for international researchers to exchange ideas and to detail the chemistry and biology of sialic acid containing glycoconjugates. Previous symposia have been held in Canada, the USA, Europe and Australia. This meeting will be the second Sialoglyco meeting to be held in Japan. Sialoglyco 2020 is a four-day meeting of scientific sessions.
The Sialoglyco 2020 symposium will feature presentations from notable international experts in the chemistry, biochemistry and biology of sialic acids and their conjugates, as well as giving an opportunity to new investigators in this exciting glycoscience area to highlight their research.
- 1985 Structure and Function of Glycoconjugates – Recent Progress 9th Meeting of the Japanese Sialic Acids Society Tokyo, Japan
- 1986 Frontiers of Glycoconjugate Research 10th Meeting of the Japanese Sialic Acids Society Tokyo, Japan
- 1988 Japanese-German Symposium on Sialic Acids 12th Meeting of the Japanese Sialic Acids Society and 3rd International Symposium Berlin, Germany
- 1991 Philippe Laudat Conference on “Role of Sialic Acids and Sialidases in Molecular Recognition Phenomena” Le Bischenberg, France
- 1994 5th International Conference “Biology and Chemistry of Sialic Acids” Moscow, GUS
- 1996 1st Australasian Conference on “The Chemistry and Biochemistry of Sialic Acid-Recognising Proteins” Melbourne, Australia
- 1998 International Symposium on “Sialobiology and Other Novel Forms of Glycosylation” Taipeh, Taiwan
- 2000 5th Sialic Acid Workshop (Satellite Meeting to the 20th International Carbohydrate Symposium) Hamburg, Germany
- 2002 3rd Pan-Pacific Conference “Sialoglycoscience and Other Novel Forms of Glycosylation” Broadbeach, Gold Coast, Australia
- 2004 Sialobiology 2004 St. Andrews, Scotland
- 2006 Sialoglycoscience 2006 Mishima, Japan
- 2008 Biology and Chemistry of Sialic Acids 2008 Moscow – St. Petersburg, Russia
- 2010 Sialoglyco 2010 Potsdam, Germany
- 2012 Sialoglyco 2012 Taipei, Taiwan
- 2014 Sialoglyco 2014 Gold Coast, Australia
- 2016 Sialoglyco 2016 Santa Barbara, USA
- 2018 Sialoglyco 2018 Banff, Canada
It is with great pleasure that we invite scientists from around the world to participate in Sialoglyco2020, the biennial international conference on sialic acid-related research to be held in the center of Japan, Gifu. This is the second time that the current series of Sialic Acid meetings will be held in Japan.
We believe that the location and the sequential meeting format will ensure that we have the ideal setting for social interaction, networking, stimulating scientific discussions, and the initiation of collaborations between the International Sialoglycoscience communities. We look forward to welcoming you to Gifu, Japan
Sept. 27th – 30th
Nagaragawa Convention Center
Scientific Advisory Board Sialoglyco 2020
Andrew J Bennet, Burnaby, Canada
Nicolai Bovin, Moscow, Russia
Paul Crocker, Dundee, UK
Philippe Delannoy, Lille, France
Jukka Finne, Helsinki, Finland
Rita Gerardy-Schahn, Hannover, Germany
Hideharu Ishida, Gifu, Japan
Mark von Itzstein, Gold Coast, Australia
Kay-Hooi Khoo, Taipei, Taiwan
Ken Kitajima, Nagoya, Japan
Yuan C Lee, Baltimore, USA
Yu-Teh Li, New Orleans, USA
Jamey Marth, Santa Barbara, USA
James C Paulson, San Diego, USA
Yasuo Suzuki, Aichi, Japan
Sandro Sonnino, Milan, Italy
Garry Taylor, St Andrews, UK
Ajit Varki, San Diego, USA
Domestic Board Member, Sialoglyco 2020
Ken Kitajima (Nagoya University)
Chihiro Sato (Nagoya University)
Masaya Hane (Nagoya University)
Wu Di (Nagoya University)
Hideharu Ishida (Gifu University)
Hiromune Ando (Gifu University)
Akihiro Imamura (Gifu University)
Hidenori Tanaka (Gifu University)
Naoko Komura (Gifu University)
Takashi Suzuki (University of Shizuoka)
Tadanobu Takahashi (University of Shizuoka)
Akira Minami (University of Shizuoka)
Yuki Kurebayashi (University of Shizuoka)
Koichi Furukawa (Chubu University)
Sialoglyco 2020 Organizer :
Ken Kitajima, Nagoya University
Hideharu Ishida, Gifu Univesity
Takashi Suzuki, University of Shizuoka
Sialoglyco 2020 Office :
Bioscience and Biotechnology Center, Nagoya University
Chikusa, Nagoya 464-8601, Japan
Tel: +81-52-789-4297, FAX: +81-52-789-5228
Sialoglyco2020 opens with an evening reception on 27th Sept. In total, Sialoglyco2020 hosts four days of scientific sessions, one afternoon of which is excursion. The conference will finish on Wednesday, Sept 30th with a dinner banquet.
Registration and Abstract Submission
# Registration for the event will start March 2020.
# Please follow this link to register for the event.
# If you will submit your abstract, please start registration first and check your registration number.
# Registration fees include attendance at all scientific sessions, lunches, breaks, and the welcome reception.
# Registration closes 30th August.
Abstract Submission: Now Open
# All abstracts will be included in the published Book of Abstracts.
# Please use the template (file).
# Submit abstract by email to: email@example.com until the end of June.
# Oral presenter can use own PC for presentation.
# VGA cable can be used.
# Poster sessions will be on the Monday and Wednesday in Poster session I and II.
# Each poster will be allocated a space of approximately 180cm high x 90 cm wide.
# Each poster will be displayed during the conference (Mon-Wed).
Travel and Hotel Accommodation
Nagaragawa Convention Center
＊Free Wi-Fi is available within the Nagaragawa Convention Center
Miyako Hotel is next to the conference center.
Hotels near the Gifu station are available.
From Gifu station,it will take around 20 min by bus or taxi.
Hotels near the Nagoya station are also convenient.
It takes around 20 min from the Nagoya to Gifu stations by train.
From Gifu station, it will take around 20 min by bus or taxi.
Hotel reservation can be done by the registration site.
Shirakawago and Takayama city tour. Please refer to the registration web site.
Travel after conference:
Please visit the JTB web site.
The JTB office is inside the reception during conference.
Sponsors have been an essential part of the success of these meetings, both as participants and introducing their products and services to the meeting attendees. Funds provided by sponsors allow us to help defray the expenses of invited speakers, and provide attendees with an extra measure of amenities and refreshments during the reception, breaks and poster sessions. If you are interested in sponsoring, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ken Kitajima, Nagoya University, Japan