Library Guide (for Other Dept. Members)
- Please set your mobile phone to silent mode and refrain from talking on the phone.
- Smoking, eating and drinking are prohibited in the library.
- Please take your valuables with you at all times.
- Please return materials to the bookshelves after you use.
- The members of Nagoya University who have No Student ID or Staff ID can substitute Central Library Card as our library card.
If you do not have library card, please apply for Library Card at the Central Library.
- All of the materials in the library are accessible freely. MAP → "Library Floor Map"
- Books are arranged on the shelves by "Call Number" on their spine labels.
According to NDC (Nippon Decimal Classification) printed at the first line of the label, books are shelved from left-to-right and top-to-bottom. And when many books have the same Classification Number, they are placed in alphabetical order by the second line of Author's Initial (the first letter or letters of the author's last name) .
- Journals are arranged in alphabetical order of the titles. (Non-Japanese : ABC, Japanese : Kana)
- Back issues of Japanese Journals (before 2006) are stored in the Building B Open Stack Room (Room No.B227).
MAP → "The location of the Stacks (Bldg.B)"
- The entrance door of the stack room is usually locked and there is an intercom in the wall on the left hand side.
When you enter the stack room, please press the intercom button and tell your affiliation and name.
A librarian will unlock the door remotely.
- If you would like to borrow or photocopy (Private Expense) materials held in the stack room, please bring them to the Service Desk of the library.
※If the material that you would like to copy is not good state, you only browse.
Materials in Laboratories
- OPAC's Location "Agr ■■■" means the material is held in laboratory.
ex) Agr Crop Sci, Agr (BBC) Anim etc...
If you would like to use the material, please ask the Service Desk.
- To check out library materials, bring them to the Service Desk and present your ID card.
- When you borrow unbound journals, you will need to fill out a loan application form.
|Call No. Label||OPAC Location||Types of Materials||Location||Loan Limits||Loan Periods|
|Agr Lib Books for Students||Books for Students||Reading Room||2 items||7 days|
|Audio-visual Materials||Browsing Room||2 items|
|Agr Lib Books in Stack||Books in Stack||Japanese||Stack Room 1F||3 items|
|Non-Japanese||Stack Room 2F|
|Agr Lib Collection *||Books in Stack||Japanese /|
|－||Agr Lib Journals||Bound Journals||Japanese||Bldg.B Stack |
|1 items||2 days|
|Reading Room (2007～)|
1F / 2F
|Unbound Journals||Reading Room|
* If the material that you would like to copy is not good state, you only browse.
- Non-circulating materials
- Reference books（encyclopedias, dictionaries etc.）
- Some of audio-visual materials
- Temporary Loans
- Instead of returning on the same day, you can borrow almost everything (except dissertations and some of audio-visual materials) without loan limits in exchange for your ID card.
- You can renew the material via OPAC.
- Unless requested by another user.
- Unless the material you borrowed overdue.
- Reservations can be made only for materials currently out on loan to another user (except journals and materials in laboratories) . In OPAC's Bibliography Details, a "reserve" button appears. Click on it and follow on-screen instructions.
- Please return materials into the "Return Box" on the Service Desk.
- Please return materials into the "Book Return Box" at outside of the Library during the closed dates.
- If existing overdue loans, you may not be borrowed any materials.
- All users must comply with Copyright Law when photocopying of library materials.
|Black / White||Color||Hours|
|University Expense||12 yen / Sheet||60 yen / Sheet||Mon. - Fri. 9 a.m - 8 p.m|
|Private Expense||20 yen / Sheet||60 yen / Sheet||Mon. - Fri. 9 a.m - 4:30 p.m*|
*【Closed Payment】12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
- Professor and Staff fills out the application form at the Service Desk.
Permission of faculty adviser is required when students use university expense.
- Please fill out a photocopy application form for Private Expense at the Service Desk.
- After your photocopying is complete, please pay your fees at the Accounting Section of the Office on the 1st (ground) floor.
OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog)
- OPAC is the Online Library Catalog for all the NU Libraries and Laboratories. And it provides location status information for books, journals, and other library materials. You can access OPAC from off campus.
- Please also refer to "1. How to Search NU Libraries Online Catalog" .
- Electronic journals (e-Journals) are journals that can be accessed online.
- Full-text of journal articles is available to on-campus users via NU campus network.
- Before using, please read "Copyright and Fair Use" thoroughly and observe the rules.
- Members of Nagoya University can access most e-Journals from off campus via "Remote Access" site.
- There are some library public's computers which allow users to search a variety of electronic resources during the opening hours.
- NUWNET wireless access points exist in the Reading Room for NU members to connect their own devices to the campus network.
※ Warning for using NUWNET ※
Bioagricultural Library assumes no responsibility for your devices is infected with viruses or data loss. We recommend that you install the virus software and backup of data.